Posting and Usage Policy
Privacy: We respect your privacy and never share your personal data with anyone. We expect you to also respect the privacy of all The Shrewsbury Finger’s users. We do our best to keep The Shrewsbury Finger safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments…
All of the terms on this page are a part of our Posting and Usage Policy. By submitting content to The Shrewsbury Finger you are agreeing to these terms.
1. You are aged 18 years or older.
2. You are the sole copyright owner of what you are submitting.
3. The submission is in no way offensive, harmful or provocative.
4. That you will not send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on The Shrewsbury Finger
5. You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access The Shrewsbury Finger, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
6. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on The Shrewsbury Finger.
7. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
8. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
9. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
10. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
11. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on The Shrewsbury Finger without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion and will follow all applicable laws.
12. You will not use The Shrewsbury Finger to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
13. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of The Shrewsbury Finger, such as a denial of service attack.
14. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
15. You will not create more than one personal profile.
16. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
17. You will not use The Shrewsbury Finger if you are a convicted sex offender.
18. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account.
19. You will not post content or take any action on The Shrewsbury Finger that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
20. We can remove any content or information you post on The Shrewsbury Finger if we believe that it violates this Statement.
21. We retain the right to edit your submission and publish the edited version without your consent.
22. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
24. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on The Shrewsbury Finger.
25. If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of The Shrewsbury Finger to you without notification.
26. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos, you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on or in connection with The Shrewsbury Finger.
27. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about The Shrewsbury Finger, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
28. You are fully responsible for any form of loss or damage that may result from the content that you submit and that we publish on your behalf.
29. By submitting your content to us you give us permission to publish it on www.theshrewsburyfinger.com. The Shrewsbury Finger also retains the right to use your content to help promote itself, this may include publishing your content somewhere other than on theshrewsburyfinger.com. You remain the copyright holder of your content.
The Classifieds Usage section is part of the Posting and Usage Policy and is separated from it for the convenience of users of the Classifieds section as particular relevance can be drawn to the Classifieds section as well as the rest of The Shrewsbury Finger. As a condition of your use of The Shrewsbury Finger you are agreeing to not do the following:
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to The Shrewsbury Finger and any consequences that may result from your post. We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse or delete content that we believe is inappropriate or breeching the above terms. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user’s usage of the site either temporarily or permanently, or refuse a user’s registration.
Abusing The Shrewsbury Finger
The Shrewsbury Finger and The Shrewsbury Finger community work together to keep the site working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us by emailing email@example.com.
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off The Shrewsbury Finger if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off The Shrewsbury Finger or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring The Shrewsbury Finger or for unauthorised or unlawful content on The Shrewsbury Finger or use of The Shrewsbury Finger by users.
Fees and Services
Using The Shrewsbury Finger is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain services. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
The Shrewsbury Finger contains content from us, you, and other users. The Shrewsbury Finger is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via The Shrewsbury Finger is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from The Shrewsbury Finger without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in The Shrewsbury Finger. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of The Shrewsbury Finger (other than your own content). When you give us content, you are granting us and representing that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties, This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of very varied products are offered on The Shrewsbury Finger by private individuals in the UK. Entitled parties, in particular the owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights owned by third parties can report any offers which many infringe on their rights, and submit a request for this offer to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by The Shrewsbury Finger.
Reporting an infringement
In order to participate in the Notice of Infringement Programme, you only need to complete a Notice of Infringement Form and email it to The Shrewsbury Finger. You can use this form, complete with your signature, to report advertisements which may infringe on your property rights. The information requested in the Notice of Infringement Form is for the purpose of ensuring that the parties reporting these objects are either the entitled party or their officially authorised representative. This information must also enable The Shrewsbury Finger to identify the advertisement to be removed. Once we have received your correctly completed Notice of Infringement Form, you can simply send later reports to The Shrewsbury Finger via the e-mail address provided.
Note: This form can only be used by the lawful owners of the intellectual property rights. “Notice of Infringement” is intended to ensure that products offered do not infringe the copyright, trademark right or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
We do not review users’ postings and are not involved in the actual transactions between users. As most of the content on The Shrewsbury Finger comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what’s offered.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
We cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the availability of our services.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of The Shrewsbury Finger, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 Pounds Sterling.
Resolution of disputes
If a dispute arises between you and The Shrewsbury Finger, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
These terms and the other Posting and Usage Policies posted on The Shrewsbury Finger constitute the entire agreement between The Shrewsbury Finger and you, superseding any prior agreements.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against The Shrewsbury Finger must be resolved by the courts of England and Wales. You and The Shrewsbury Finger both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts; for claims falling within the jurisdiction of a County Court, you and The Shrewsbury Finger both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the County Court of Shrewsbury.
If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below.
Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to our postal address available upon request. We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing.
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the site, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.
For any help with using our classifieds section please click here.